Wednesday, September 15, 2010

333 Revisited

If you haven't read my first post about the numbers 333, please read it first: http://themappsquest.blogspot.com/2010/03/strength-in-numbers.html

I decided to revisit this topic in light of recent events.  You see, the number sightings did go away..for a while.  But for the past 2 or 3 weeks, they have started re-appearing.  I have learned a few things since the first time I saw the numbers.  It's all part of the plan.  Let's re-look at what this passage meant to me at the beginning of my Christian walk.

Jeremiah 33:3
"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

I had been searching for God, and dealing with the demons that still lurked in my mind.  'Should I trust God?  Should I give myself whole hearted to Him?'  Those were questions that played over and over in my head.  Seeing those numbers randomly placed everywhere was scary.  There was something unnatural about the way the message was coming across.  I believed it to be God telling me to call on him for safety, and to not be scared of what was to come.  This is partly where I think God wanted me to be..always questioning, so when the answers came, I would be ready to accept them.

Truthfully, there was something unnatural going on.  It wasn't natural at all..it was supernatural!  It was God, and He was trying to blatantly say, "Hey!  Would you just go read the scripture again?!"  But being the infinite whiz, I chose my meaning, and held on tight.  Actually, I don't think I was completely wrong in what I thought, just not completely right.  You see, when God gives you a scripture verse, He is answering your questions directly, or telling you exactly what to do.  The Bible was written by God through man, centuries ago, and yet the words still speak to us today. 

So what was He saying?  Simply put: "Call to me".  Pray.  And pray a lot!  As my pastor keeps re-iterating..the power of prayer is awesome!  What if I told you I was praying for you right now?  What if I prayed that you would find what you were looking for, to help you in your life's journey for truth?  Chances are, if you are reading this, I have thought of you, and God is listening.

Well, the numbers have returned.  I see them now, and I smile...I don't turn and look away.  It's kinda like my inside joke with the Man upstairs.  When I read the passage now it means something else...just pray.  It's talking to God like you talk to your friends.  "Hey, good to talk to you, I miss you, I love you, I need help, my friend needs help, thanks for the help..." and so on.

I am growing in Christ, and the excitement is overwhelming.  I feel like there are great and unsearchable things yet to come, and the more I call on God, the more he is showing them to me.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment