Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Conspiracy to Controversy"

Let me first start by saying that my last entry was not meant to upset, or alarm. I was just sitting here, and some force came over me and I just couldn’t stop writing.


After I had written that, I looked at my Facebook page, and noticed that I had a new friend request. I saw that it was someone from my church. So I said ‘yes’, and then went to check out his page. I was looking at what groups he was a member of, and saw one that said ‘Bet we can find 1,000,000 who believe in Creationism by June’.

I thought, “Hmm..Coincidence?” So, I went there, and was looking at the discussion boards. I was surprised to see so many people bashing the beliefs of Christians who believe in creation. Most of these people claimed to be Christian, but by the way they were typing, it was hard to tell. If you would have told me 2 months ago that if I read those things, I would start to cry, I would have laughed in your face. But now there is something that pulls on me and says that the only thing I can and should go by is God’s word..the Bible.

I’ve been really torn up about writing since that happened. I don’t want to be criticized for what I believe, but then again, I want everyone to know the Lord as I now do. I want to spread His word, and it’s an urge that I feel every day. When I wake up in the morning, there are thoughts flinging themselves around in my head and trying to get out, and all of them are about whom I can share them with, or what to tell people about Jesus.

Last night we attended our first Wednesday night Bible study. I really wanted to go because they were starting from the beginning of the next book in the line, Ezekiel. Let me tell you that Wednesday night service is nothing like Sunday. Pastor Ron was on a mission, and he is super awesome at helping you really get into the scripture. The first few chapters tell of a vision Ezekiel had from God. It is hard to understand at first, because he is describing something supernatural, and how do you put that into words? Then, after really analyzing the passage, you see that he is describing God’s throne.

Pastor Ron stopped and said, “Now, I know that it sounds like we are talking about a UFO, and several scholars have theorized that that is what he saw..but let me tell you that UFOs, if they exist, are not something God is showing you, it’s Satan, and his demons.”

Then Ron seemed to look directly at me and said, “There are no such things as UFO’s!”

Well, I thought that was pretty awesome..because up until a few weeks ago (refer back to my ‘It was the Spirit’ blog), I was a UFO believer. In fact..I have even seen one, or two. But did I really? Ok..we’ll talk about that some other time!

So, by now he had my full attention. We kept reading and this passage in particular rang out in my ears:

Ezekiel 2

6 And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them or their words. Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions. Do not be afraid of what they say or be terrified by them, though they are a rebellious house. 7 You must speak my words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious.

It became blatantly clear to me that this sermon was direct at me. No wonder I wanted to go so bad! God was pushing me and pushing me to go, and hear what He had to tell me.

The night before, I had been telling Seth that I was done doing the controversial blogging. I think this was God’s way of saying, “You know what, Kristy? If you don’t say these things, they will never hear them. They will never ponder on what my words mean, or what they could mean for them in the afterlife. Yes, it will be hard, and you will lose friends, and even close loved ones, but it is important that everyone know my words, and the only one true way to get to Heaven; through Jesus”.

So, that is why I will keep going. I hope that you will keep reading, even if you don’t agree. In fact, I would like to know if you don’t agree..because then I will know which buttons to push harder.

**

No comments:

Post a Comment